The Council of International Schools (CIS) has awarded full accreditation to MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL (MIIS), marking the first time a school in Quezon City has garnered such an award.
In a ceremony held at the University of the Philippines Theater on April 14, Dr. William Parker, CIS Evaluation Officer, presented a plaque commemorating the full accreditation to Mary Joy Canon Abaquin, MIIS Founding Directress.
MIIS started the accreditation process in 2015. The procedure involved rigorous self-examination by the school, which culminated in an external evaluation on September 24-30, 2017, conducted by a team of educators from around the globe.
MIIS is one of less than 400 schools in the world that has met these international standards required for accreditation.
According to Dr. Parker, the CIS only admits two out of every ten potential applicants who start the process for membership. Moreover, the council only recognizes 60% out of all of the valid applicants for an accreditation.
Accreditation by the Council of International Schools proves that MIIS has met a number of membership standards, including, but not limited to:
- Integrity in its dealings with people,
- A dedication to providing a truly international education to students,
- Honest and prudent financial management,
- Qualified teaching staff in every classroom
- Qualified school leadership
- A safe environment that fosters quality instruction
According to the CIS website, an accredited school:
- is devoted to its mission and vision for students
- has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, family and community.
- invests the time and resources for validation from a globally-recognized accreditation authority
- focuses on the quality of teaching, student learning, as well as student safeguarding and well-being
- is committed to the development of the students’ global citizenship
- has a suitable philosophy of education suitable for its students
- promises only what it can deliver
- is open to regular evaluation by its own school community and peer evaluators
- constantly seeks improvement in all areas of the school plans strategically for the future.
Aside from being regarded worldwide as an indicator of quality, CIS Accreditation also signals the school’s commitment to continual improvement.
“CIS accredited schools do not simply congratulate themselves on the award and keep doing the same things every year,” said Dr. Parker in his address. “No, CIS accredited schools like MIIS recognize that despite the quality they already have, that they can and will get better. For that reason, while you may not see it, the leadership, teachers, owner and staff here are already working on action plans to make your re-accredited school even better.”